After last week's 90s Pop Music playlist, I decided to get back to my real roots and create a playlist with a collection of some of the best rock songs of the late 90s. This playlist has some of my favorite artists from the 90s, and these bands are the reason I first became interested in music in general.
I tried to go with more of these band's more popular and familiar songs but I plan on creating a few more of these playlists, where I dig a little deeper into the genre.
My favorite from this playlist has to be "Push" by Matchbox Twenty, one of the best songs of any genre from the 90s. The opening to "Push" never fails to bring chills down my spine.
Fortunately, this is not the only great song on this playlist. All of these artists have proved their worth over the years, and these songs only sample their excellence.
1. "Heavy" by Collective Soul
2. "Push" by Matchbox Twenty
3. "Everything Zen" by Bush
4. "Old Apartment" by Barenaked Ladies
5. "How's It Going To Be" by Third Eye Blind
6. "I Alone" by Live
7. "Inside Out" by Eve 6
8. "Good" by Better Than Ezra
9. "Everlong" by Foo Fighters
10. "One Headlight" by The Wallflowers
Here's the link for the whole playlist: 90s Post-Grunge Playlist
Looking for more playlists? We've got plenty.
The week's playlist focuses in on 90s Pop Music. After compiling the top 5 pop songs from every year of the decade, I realized I didn't have a playlist dedicated to the genre yet. This collection of songs is filled with songs that either people want to forget or have embraced over the years due to their nostalgic value. There is not too many people openly praising the quality of these songs. "Crazy For This Girl" is one of my favorites: an often forgotten 90s music gem. I have always been more of the alternative post-grunge fan of the late 90s but you can't help but like these songs.
If you get one thing out of this, just remember:
"When you take a sip you buzz like a hornet,
Billy Shakespeare wrote a whole bunch of sonnets"
90s Pop Music Playlist:
1. "Drive Me Crazy" by Britney Spears
2. "If You Had My Love" by Jennifer Lopez
3. "I Want It That Way" by Backstreet Boys
4. "Genie In A Bottle" by Christina Aguilera
5. "Try Again" by Aaliyah
6. "Crazy For This Girl" by Evan and Jaron
7. "Summer Girls" by LFO
8. "Show Me Love" by Robyn
9. "I Want You Back" by 'N Sync
10. "It Feels So Good" by Sonique
Here's the link for the whole playlist: 90s Pop Music
After the popularity of Rizzo Music's first 90s rap music playlist, I decided to create another one. Like the first, this playlist is just 10 solid rap songs from a great decade, the '90s. I am in no way an expert on '90s rap music but I really enjoy each and everyone of the songs on this list.
Enjoy this week's playlist and don't forget to sign up for our RSS feed!
1. "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)" by Jay-Z
2. "You Got Me" by The Roots
3. "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio
4. "Tha Crossroads" by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
5. "Changes" by Tupac Shakur
6. "Award Tour" by A Tribe Called Quest
7. "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J
8. "I'll Be There for You/You're All I Need to Get By" by Method Man with Mary J. Blige
9. "Summertime" by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
10. "Notorious Thugs" by The Notorious B.I.G.
It is hard to believe that we are 22 weeks in to this ongoing set of posts and I haven't had a themed playlist on grunge music. This is not going to feature the most popular grunge music of the decade but more the foot tapping, head nodding, personal favorites of mine. Just pure flannel shirt Seattle grunge music at it's finest. I think I might be hard pressed to find ten different pure grunge artists for this list so I am going to break the rules a little bit for this one, and allow myself to include multiple songs from the same artist.
'90s Grunge Playlist:
1. Nirvana - About A Girl
2. Pearl Jam - Better Man
3. Alice in Chains - Rooster
4. Nirvana - Come As You Are
5. Stone Temple Pilots - Wicked Garden
6. Pearl Jam - Jeremy
7. Alice in Chains - Man In The Box
8. Soundgarden - Spoonman
9. Nirvana - In Bloom
10. Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
Here's the link for the whole playlist: 90s Grunge Hits
First of it's kind on Rizzo Music, this week I am here to introduce our '90s rap music playlist.
Although I grew up mostly on '90s alternative rock, I do have some rap favorites that I would like to share with you. These hits are about as good as rap singles go. My favorite from this group of songs would have to be "It Was A Good Day" by Ice Cube. I can't find a better rap song to stroll through town with the windows down. It will have you head bobbing up and down from beginning to end.
Enjoy this one and be sure to let me know if I missed any classics.
'90s Rap Hits Playlist:
1. Master P - Burbons and Lacs
2. DMX - What's My Name?
3. The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
4. Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day
5. Snoop Dogg - Gin and Juice
6. Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II
7. Luniz - I Got 5 On It
8. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Foe tha Love of $
9. Dr. Dre - Nuthin' but a "G" Thang
10. 2pac - Hail Mary
Here's the link for the whole playlist: 90's Rap Hits Playlist
UPDATE: 90's Rap Hits Playlist Part II
Lately I have been listening to a lot of music, most of which I never heard before. A lot of it has been from some of my favorite artists, but some have just been random songs that I have come across. I have been going through some old albums as well as some new ones and I decided to make a new playlist with some of my new favorites.
I would just like to make a note of Dishwalla, a band that I recently rediscovered and started to listen to them extensively. Know most for their classic radio hit, "Counting Blue Cars", they are a band that is much deeper then their one hit wonder status. If you happen to like "Coral Sky", which is in this playlist, I suggest you check out more of their latest album, which is self-titled. Some of my favorites from that album are "Above The Wreckage", "Collide" and "40 Stories". If your more of a fan of their older music you should definitely check out their Live... Greetings From The Flow State album. Well, that's it for this week. Hope you enjoyed it.
Top 10 Songs You Should Know - Week 20 - August 20-26 2007
1. Goo Goo Dolls - Big Machine
2. Dishwalla - Coral Sky
3. The Smashing Pumpkins - Neverlost
4. Big Head Todd and The Monsters - Bittersweet
5. Hootie & The Blowfish - Old Man & Me
6. Death Cab For Cutie - Photobooth
7. Better Than Ezra - Heaven
8. Depeche Mode - Policy Of Truth
9. Bush - Letting The Cables Sleep
10. The Wallflowers - Here In Pleasantville
Here's the link for the whole playlist: Recently Discovered Songs
The summer is just around the corner and I will be posting a lot more often, updating you with music news, reviews and more playlists. For this playlist I wanted to give you a little taste of summer as the school year is almost over and hopefully this cold April weather is going to heat up this week. These ten songs might seem very random but they are some of my favorite songs and either have something to do with summer or just remind me of the season. I would just like to point out one song in particular, "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)" by Jason Mraz. This song really has nothing to do with summer but I can remember listening to it constantly just a few summers ago and it seems that it is a song that might have been forgotten. I thought I would bring to light some classics like OMC and some songs you might not of heard of like "Just watch the Fireworks". Thanks for listening and I'm looking forward to a productive summer.
Top 10 Songs You Should Know
1. Steal my Sunshine - LEN
2. How Bizarre - OMC
3. Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies
4. Run-Around - Blues Traveler
5. American Girls - Counting Crows
6. Summer Skin - Death Cab for Cutie
7. The Remedy (I Won't Worry) - Jason Mraz
8. Just Watch the Fireworks - Jimmy Eat World
9. Sunshine - Keane
10. Blinded (When I See You) - Third Eye Blind
Here's the link for the whole playlist: Summer Hits Playlist Part II
Another Monday and this time I thought I would once again go a little off topic from rock music and bring to you a great set of ten slow songs. I am pretty sure that all of these songs were released in the 90s and for me, they are all classic high school dance songs. My favorite from this list has to be Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby"; such a classic. It is almost spring time so I though this playlist would be appropriate for the upcoming season. I hope you enjoy it and thanks for listening.
Top 10 Songs You Should Know - Week 17 - March 19-25 2007
1. Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
2. Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
3. Céline Dion - My Heart Will Go On
4. K-Ci & JoJo - All My Life
5. Westlife - Swear It Again
6. S Club 7 - Never Had A Dream Come True
7. Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
8. INOJ - Time After Time
9. All-4-One - I Swear
10. Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
Here's the link for the whole playlist: Best Slow Songs of the 90s
This Saturday is none other then St. Patrick's Day and there is nothing better then putting on some Irish music while you have a good time. I picked some songs that have to do with the holiday specifically or just have a Celtic or Irish tune to them. You might recognize the first song from the movie Boondock Saints, a St. Patrick's Day favorite. It was fairly hard to come up with a solid ten songs but I think I did a pretty good job. Check it out and enjoy.
Top 10 Songs You Should Know - Week 16 - March 12-18 2007
1. Jeff & Mychael Danna - The Blood of Cu Chulainn
2. John Mayer - St. Patrick's Day
3. Celtic Woman - May it Be
4. The Dubliners - Seven Drunken Nights
5. The Cheiftains & The Great Big Sea - Drunken Sailor
6. Fiddlers Green - Irish Rovers
7. Christy Moore - Quiet Desperation
8. A Lass Of Glenshee - Altan
9. Jason Webley - Drinking Song
10. Celtic Bagpipes - The Irish Washer Woman
Here's the link for the whole playlist: St. Patrick's Day Playlist
Another Monday playlist for you to enjoy. I just realized how busy these next two weeks will be for me but I am going to try my best to keep up with new articles. For this playlist I thought it would be fun to get a good mix of 10 random songs selected by Itunes. I thought this sample would give a good representation of the kind of music I listen to everyday. I just hope that nothing embarrassing comes up. Thanks for listening and I hope you find something that you like.
Top 10 Songs You Should Know - Week 15 - March 5-11 2007
1. Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
2. Collective Soul - How Do You Love?
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - This Velvet Glove
4. R.E.M. - The One I Love
5. Lifehouse - We'll Never Know
6. Keane - Broken Toy
7. Barenaked Ladies - Get in Line
8. A Perfect Circle - Judith
9. Dave Matthews Band - Angel
10. Goo Goo Dolls - Acoustic #3
Here's the link for the whole playlist: Itunes Shuffle Playlist #1